We are hiring a Director of Media Planning and Performance Management
Business Insider, the largest digital business news site and publisher of INSIDER, now reaches an audience of more than 100 million readers each month. To help manage the advertising inventory generated by this rapidly growing audience, we are hiring a Director of Media Planning and Performance Management, based in our New York headquarters.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and enthusiastic performance management expert who enjoys creating media strategies and can manage a team of media planners. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate details into targeted media solutions is essential.
This is a new role and we are looking for a self-starter who can help us create operational excellence and drive revenue.
Candidates should be adept at managing people and projects in a fast-paced environment. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Manage a team of media planners creating media plans to support our cutting-edge sales propositions, guiding them on placement recommendations that precisely match the propositions
- Lead performance management efforts to optimize revenue across all channels, including consideration of the impact of programmatic revenue
- Use quantitative analysis to determine inventory approaches that maximize value; collaborate across groups to identify price and revenue opportunities; make recommendations to the CRO on pricing
- Meet deadlines and deliverables for all proposals
- Ensure media plans maximize sales
- Act as subject matter expert for all BI ad inventory
- Innovate, keep abreast of industry trends and integrate them into BI
- Lead and mentor the media planning team to facilitate career development
- 5+ years of media planning/performance management experience, preferably on the publisher side
- 3+ years of direct management experience, particularly in digital media
- Proven ability to develop efficient and effective media plans and recommendations that meet the objectives defined in a request for proposals
- Has a deep understanding of the digital market and competitive landscape
- Strong Excel skills; knowledge of Salesforce, Operative One, DFP, Google Analytics an asset
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities at once
- Good understanding of industry trends, technologies and platforms
- MBA a plus but not required
If this is the right gig for you, please apply online and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks in advance.