This Wyoming media company is growing fast – here’s how you can join the team!
Would you like to join an innovative and agile team with deep roots in the Cowboy state? Upstream media looking for a passionate Sales manager to drive the continued growth of our clients’ advertising programs.
Forged in the fires of a successful Casper ad agency (Adbay.com), Upslope Media is in the business of connect Wyoming’s biggest brands with premium local audiences. We create, sell and manage advertising programs for a growing list of popular brands including Oil City News, Cap City News, Basin Reboot, Wyomovies, Sheridan Cinemas, Riverton Cinemas and more. Our advertising programs currently reach millions of viewers each month, and we are just getting started!
As a Director of Sales at Upslope Media, you will work alongside our Director of Sales to sell innovative advertising products to Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie, Riverton, Lander, Rock Springs, Green River, Sheridan, Gillette and Cody. By acting as an advocate for businesses that need to advertise their products, you’ll ensure they receive an unparalleled level of customer service and responsiveness. You will be supported in your efforts by a team of dedicated professionals who value independence, creativity and a good work-life balance.
Our ideal candidate will have experience selling media, preferably in the digital space, and since we offer advertising products to suit all budgets, experience working with businesses of all sizes is a plus.
Job description and qualifications:
We are looking for someone who knows Wyoming, has a passion for the community and its people, and can succeed in a small business environment where work is more than just a job.
You will work hard every day to help your clients’ businesses grow. You will develop relationships with existing and new Upslope Media partners, secure advertising and sponsorship deals and, in keeping with Upslope’s spirit of innovation, identify and create exciting new marketing collaborations to benefit advertisers and brands local.
Duties are varied and include lead generation, cold calling, and follow-up; meet and correspond with existing and potential customers; developing creative proposals; make presentations; maintain databases and call lists; and attending community events, while maintaining close relationships with clients and working closely with Upslope’s Director of Sales and his creative team.
- Several years of sales or marketing experience, ideally in the advertising, media or agency landscape (but if you’ve been successful in selling anything, we’d love to meet you!)
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets through new and existing business
- Ability to use a sales CRM tool and project management system
- Comfortable with cold calls from potential clients
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Motivated by success
- Digital Literacy and Social Media
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Ability to travel around the state of Wyoming and enjoy meeting people and building successful business relationships
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and sense of humor
- Collaborative approach to solving business challenges
- Interest in being part of a young innovative company
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to be flexible.
- Current Wyoming resident or willing to relocate to Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie, Gillette or Cody.
The Sales Manager may be based in Upslope Media’s downtown offices in scenic Casper, Wyoming OR in any of the communities we currently serve (Cheyenne, Rock Springs, Green River, Sheridan, Gillette, Cody, Laramie, Riverton or Lander). Our Casper offices are located minutes from a mountain, a river, and countless outdoor recreation opportunities. Our full-time staff enjoy benefits including paid time off, paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, IRA matching, flexible hours, and a creative work environment. Oil City News is an equal opportunity employer.
Yes, but how much does it pay?
At Upslope Media, we believe in sharing wealth. If you meet our expectations, a six-figure compensation package including incentives and bonuses is easily achievable. But to start, your base salary will be between $40,000 and $60,000, depending on your experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and what you have to offer, along with a copy of your resume, to [email protected] All application documents will be held in the strictest confidence.