Job: Head, Digital Marketing at PZ Cussons
Purpose of the position
- Drive brand reach and penetration by using knowledge of the digital world to activate the most appropriate digital marketing initiatives for each brand.
- Define a consumer’s digital experience by ensuring it communicates the brand vision and any specific campaign messages. Use an in-depth understanding of digital trends, the digital landscape and web analytics to develop digital strategies and measure their success.
- Work closely with the global digital team to ensure digital activation aligns with group digital marketing strategy guidelines and technology standards.
- Provide local market or regional expertise that will understand the local digital landscape and provide appropriate education and support to the wider marketing team. The role will focus on integrating a digital thought process and highlighting opportunities into the overall marketing strategy.
Important relationships (internal and external):
- Regional Marketing Team
- Brand Activation Team
- Cross-functional Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR, NPD, Consumer Insight teams
- Advertising Agencies and Service Providers.
- Unit turnover
- Budget responsibility
- Team size
- Act as an effective team member within the national/regional marketing team
- Understand the brand and digital strategy defined at the category level to ensure that this direction influences local activation.
- Gain a clear understanding of brand strategy/goals and plan how these can be transferred into a consumer’s digital experience.
- Manage brand stakeholders with regular updates on plans and progress against digital brand strategy
- Work closely with brand teams to establish a clear understanding of the needs and wants of existing and potential consumers
- Work closely with the Brand teams to support the development of content suitable for communication via digital media.
- Fully understand the local digital landscape and from there highlight the biggest digital communications opportunities in the market/region.
- Analysis and interpretation of marketing data (customer data/online performance/web analytics) to understand any ongoing activity and identify where the experience can be optimized.
- Measure and interpret the performance impact of initiatives delivered against agreed KPIs
- Create a clear view of industry best practices, referring to the latest websites, digital trends and emerging technologies
- Take this data, customer and industry insights and turn them into actionable initiatives that will bring about a sea change in the digital consumer experience, including search, eCRM, digital marketing, social media and on the site.
- Work closely with the digital marketing and group solutions teams to ensure that local initiatives are understood and that there is an agreed work program between the local and group teams.
- Contribute to user testing and approval of delivered solutions, ensuring they meet business requirements
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of identified initiatives, as applicable
- Act as a digital marketing ambassador across the company.
- Develop, mentor and, where appropriate, manage the most junior members of the team.
Internal and external relations:
- Select and manage external agencies
- Network effectively internally with category and digital managers of the group function.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Possess a university degree or equivalent in a marketing-related subject, ideally with an online or digital element.
- Demonstrate strong experience in online usability and/or brand proposition development
- Proven understanding of designing and optimizing online consumer journeys
- Experience transforming consumer data and insights into actionable plans and strategies
- Experience using web analytics (e.g. basic metrics, Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of the latest digital marketing trends and in-depth understanding of the digital landscape (website, social media, digital marketing, search and mobile)
- Proven planning and project management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills based on sound business judgment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to build successful relationships within the internal business and with external partners, ideally with experience in a global organization.
- A true team player who is able to negotiate and mediate successful consensus through highly developed influencing skills.
- Ability to study new digital marketing channels and propose the integration strategy in the digital marketing mix.