Fellow in Community and Brand Management
Over the past few years, we have established the IDEA Fund Partners Venture Fellows program. The objective of the program is to provide work experience for students and young professionals who wish to learn more about venture capital. These fellows from across the country aren’t just sideline observers – they play a vital role on the team by being fully immersed in deal review, due diligence and broader company strategy.
Now, as our business continues to grow as we look to our next fund, we are expanding our community beyond our investment team and welcoming our first-ever IDEA Fund Community and Brand Fellow.
We are delighted to bring in someone who is passionate about communications and marketing – with a bit of experience – to help with brand management. In this role, you will help manage IDEA Fund Partners’ brand, marketing and communications strategy and collaborate with the entire IFP team as we continue to establish and maintain our brand by communicating and demonstrating our key pillars to our internal and external stakeholders – portfolio companies, limited partners and the entire venture capital and technology ecosystems. This position will work closely with the IFP investment team to implement and help execute portfolio programming, communications, content and support. This is an amazing opportunity to work with founders and startup teams, build relationships with investors, and bring your personal touch to a venture capital firm’s marketing and communications strategy. startup risk.
This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to other professionals. Approximate time commitment is 10-15 hours per week and be responsible for key responsibilities outlined below.
This is an unpaid position, with sponsorship for available course credit.
To apply, please complete this application form.
Responsibilities may include:
- Write and publish publications on the website, social media and newsletter and ensure that each statement is checked and approved by the parties concerned.
- Help design, plan and execute in-person and virtual events to build connectivity and learning among our portfolio companies, investors and the wider IDEA Fund community.
- Enthusiastically follow an already clearly defined process for portfolio funding announcements to continually improve this process.
- Help develop portfolio resources, including curated benefits, best practices, job board, and directory of domain experts and other vendors.
- Help create scalable systems and processes to identify areas the team can lean into and support C-suite leadership in the portfolio.
- Help maintain and improve existing programs that enable founders to help and support each other, including our internal community portal, founder newsletter, and quarterly Founder Series.
- Help manage the flow of internal communications and ensure announcements are shared on appropriate channels.
- You enjoy working on something different every day and can extend your skills from email marketing to event planning to content creation.
- You are very adaptable and have a “no task is too big or too small” attitude.
- You enjoy learning new skills and are constantly reading and learning new topics, always absorbing information from the people around you.
- You are able to work independently to develop new ideas, conduct research and share what you learn with others.
- You are passionate about building communities and fostering connections both IRL and online.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always ready for the next challenge.
- You steer a tight ship, keeping transparent track of deadlines and projects. You thrive when juggling many initiatives at once.
- This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to other professionals.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills; you instinctively adapt your voice to different audiences, from investor communications to portfolio companies to mainstream social media
- Proficiency with email automation tools and other marketing automation technologies
- Attention to detail and visual aesthetics, up to date on the latest social media trends
- Very organized and exceptional time management
- Emerging professional experience managing key projects/programs within teams
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think on the fly and provide tactical advice when asked
Application deadline: Friday, September 23, 2022
To apply, please complete this application form. Please contact Lewis Burnham with any questions.