Digital Marketing Intern – Pedestrian Jobs
FILLING CUPS, BELLY AND HEARTS
That’s us in a nutshell.
Are you studying marketing, public relations, media and communications or advertising?
Do you enjoy cultivating and creating engaging reels, posts, and texts that capture people’s attention?
Do you want to start your career with an internship that will give you real exposure to the daily life of a Marketing team?
We need you! Yes you!
We’re looking high and low for fun, fresh, and motivated digital marketing interns to join and learn with our wonderful marketing team.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for one of Melbourne’s largest, most dedicated and warmest hospitality and event producers?
Well listen, we’re about to give you a snippet.
Who are we?
First and foremost, Melbourne Event Group (or MEG as we are affectionately known) is a place where people are everything and we stop at nothing to ensure that everyone who walks through our door feels taken care of. This way of being extends to our colleagues and suppliers and to the last guest to leave one of our events.
We have just completed a complete overhaul and refresh. What does that mean? Not only have we overhauled a LOT of our previous business structure, but we now have a brand new look, and that means it’s a very exciting time at MEG, especially with our marketing team.
Why is this important? Well, with growth comes change and we are looking to add to our family of crafty and loving events, and share the opportunity to continue our internship program.
Family is at the heart of everything we do at Melbourne Event Group, we provide shared hospitality experiences built from warmth and dedicated service, paired with simple, tasty cuisine that doesn’t hide behind useless fluff.
Leonda By The Yarra, has proudly been an exclusive Melbourne Event Group venue for over 15 years. Malvern Town Hall, Canvas House and The Timber Yard are other amazing venues where we love to host events and wow guests with our catering service. We organize everything from conferences to weddings, Christmas parties to product launches and everything in between!
We are very proud to be a great place to work and the close bond that unites our team. We help all of our team members develop, grow and remain part of our family. We are always looking to improve and have created a culture based on our values:
- Authentic Connections
- True professionalism
- The extra mile
Our unwavering focus on these values is what continues to set us apart from others in the industry and has even led to us being listed in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia in 2018. If you want to know more about us, visit our website here: www.melbourneeventgroup.com.au/this-is-us/
Our Marketing team is looking for four interns to help us kick off 2023 with a bang. Our internship program is supportive, welcoming, interesting and fun. You won’t leave us feeling like you learned nothing or spent 15 weeks photocopying or making coffee. In fact, we’ll make the coffee for YOU and work with you throughout the program to make sure you learn everything we can teach.
- It is a 15 week unpaid program, with a flexible start date
- One day a week, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (depending on your availability) from 9:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- At the end of the program, you will have a written reference from the company and we will work with you to create an optimized LinkedIn profile for you as well.
The brands we manage are:
- Leonda by the Yarra
- Melbourne Events Group
The main tasks of the internship are social media-based: monitoring our various channels, helping us create content, scheduling posts, reporting news and engagement, and contributing new ideas to help us create campaigns for increase interaction and clicks. You’ll work directly with (and report to) our Marketing Coordinator, Coral – so you’ll never be thrust into the deep end and forced to work on something you might not feel confident about.
You’ll also have the opportunity to attend menu photoshoots, hone your writing skills by contributing to our blogs, and practice hands-on research for an ever-changing and highly competitive industry.
No two weeks will be the same, but every week is guaranteed to be fun!
Ideally, you will be studying or have recently completed your studies in one of the following fields:
- Marketing / Social Media / Digital Marketing
- Event management
- Media and communications
- Public relations
We do not require any other formal qualifications. We ask that you bring your own laptop on your working days.
We do, however, ask that any Melbourne Event Group intern commit to working and living according to our core values. We live and breathe them, and they guide every action we take in our working lives.
You can find out more about these values and what it’s like to work for us by going here: www.melbourneeventgroup.com.au/this-is-us/
Other cool stuff you’ll love:
- A team with which it is pleasant to work, we are vague, warm, sentimental and welded. We want to help you grow, develop and stay a part of our family.
- Most of the time our kitchen crew prepares and storms the team, so there is a high probability of a free cooked lunch.
- A true Melbourneian’s dream of complimentary coffee (Nespresso), tea or hot chocolate.
- Free parking – Phew! (At MEG headquarters)
- Work in a fun and dynamic work environment (we don’t say that, trust us!)
If all of this sounds like you, or even just parts of it, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, send us your best cover letter and CV, and answer the questions below in your cover letter:
- Describe what you like about marketing, public relations or advertising, and tell us how you feel, as well as the areas where you would like to improve professionally within the industry and the career you envision for you -even in the future.
- Tell us which of our values you relate to the most and why.
- And of course why you would be a wonderful addition to the MEG team.
We look forward to hearing from you!