Associate Editor – Media Company
We give our audiences a decisive edge.
Who are we?
Ultima Media www.ultimamedia.com is a dynamic and creative B2B media company serving the global automotive industry under a number of brands including Automotive Design News, Automotive logistics, Automotive Manufacturing Solutions. We produce on digital platforms, events, broadcasts (virtual events, livestream and podcast) and print. We are a team of 30 people who work in a hybrid and flexible way from our office in Hammersmith.
Ultima Media is part of SWMH and Süddeutscher Verlag, one of Germany’s largest media groups, which includes national and regional newspapers, specialist and technical publications.
Automotive Manufacturing Solutions provides news, ideas, information and connections for the global automotive manufacturing community.
What is the job?
Associate Editor – Media Company
Automotive Manufacturing SolutionsUltima Media
We are looking for an Associate Editor to play a central role in writing and producing content at Automotive Manufacturing Solutions (AMS)the leading B2B multimedia platform covering news, trends, technology, people and the transformation of the global automotive manufacturing community.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for B2B journalism and will cover dynamic businesses and technology in new and creative ways; have strong writing skills and flawless editing skills; be experienced in interviewing leaders and innovators online and in person; and will have the digital know-how to support our ambitions for online reach, multimedia and audience growth.
The Associate Editor will write and produce compelling B2B automotive manufacturing editorial content for ADM and related topics relevant to other Ultima Media audiences, including Automotive logistics and Automotive Design News. This role will lead the writing of original news, interviews, features and insights and support the production of content across all channels including online, print and digital editions, newsletters, social media, broadcast / live broadcast, events, sponsored content and special projects.
The right candidate will also take an active role in helping organize and moderate key sessions for AMS, Ultima and customer events, live streams and podcasts.
The main objective will be to increase audiences, user engagement and registrations for ADM canals ; develop and optimize multimedia and digital formats; and to ensure innovative, error-free content that aims to inform, delight and surprise our expert audiences across automotive production.
The Associate Editor works with the ADM Editor-in-Chief and has a direct link to the Editor-in-Chief on strategic objectives, while working closely with colleagues from Events, Sales, Marketing and Graphics.
There is considerable scope for growth, particularly by specializing in key elements of the portfolio, taking ownership of specific editorial production and helping to launch new products.
You will be responsible for:
- Produce news, analysis and articles on automotive manufacturing and related topics for daily publication across the ADM website and digital channels
- Interview key automotive decision makers and experts and produce high quality and timely content in various formats
- Moderate and host sessions/episodes as appropriate, own and client events, live streams, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Edit and upload content from internal and external contributors, and maintain website homepage and landing pages
- Tracking analytics and rankings, applying SEO and keyword optimization to drive traffic, increase social media and newsletter users
- Ultimately, supporting the production and realization of all ADM editorial products across the content calendar, ensuring delivery to the right audience relevance, quality, style and tone of voice
- Relevant Participation ADM and industry events (online and in-person) to provide editorial coverage and represent ADM and Ultima Media
- Growing network of decision makers and key stakeholders in automotive manufacturing, engineering and technology
- Collaborate with other Ultima Media content, marketing and sales teams to achieve audience and revenue goals
A full job description is available upon request.
Who are you?
You will have the following experience and skills – but we also want to hear from you if you have the opportunity to grow in this role as we are always looking to the future and would make additional nominations for the right ambitious candidate.
You should have:
- Three or more years of experience as a writer, reporter, journalist, B2B editor: specifically producing original news, features and interviews, ideally, but not limited to, in the automotive, manufacturing and industry
- Experience captioning and editing fast-paced B2B editorial content
- Solid understanding of online platforms and publishing tools, including content management systems, analytics and SEO
- Strong maintenance skills
- Good moderation, panel facilitation and public speaking skills
- Proven track record in producing engaging social media content and attracting followers
- Keen interest and ability to understand target audiences, especially for B2B
- Creative, open-minded and hands-on attitude, ready to produce quality content at pace and make a difference
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with publication production tools including InDesign, Photoshop and similar
- Experience with video and audio editing software
- Experience or interest in online events and broadcasting
- Print production and editing skills
- Network of industrial connections in the automotive, design or technology sectors
As an equal opportunity employer, Ultima Media is committed to the equal treatment of all current and potential employees and does not tolerate any discrimination based on age, disability, gender, orientation sex, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief. , gender identity or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Ultima Media.